Monday, June 08, 2009

What does it take to become a growing and mature Christian?

First of all, the Gospel Message must impact us, and that Christ, His Will and His work, become greater than our will and the occupations of our lives. His work enables us for our task in the church—to proclaim Christ as Lord, His character, righteousness, peace, and joy, all by the Holy Spirit.

John 3:30 tells us an often overlooked statement that is the embodiment of maturity and growth, He must become greater; I must become less. Meaning our intimacy with Christ gives us the confidence and completeness to know and do His purpose. This is the hallmark of Christian maturity. John the Baptist's sole mission was to testify about Jesus so people might believe in Him (Isa. 43:10; 44:8; John 3:27-30; 10:41; 20:21). For us, this means we can have the “fullness” to live out our new lives by being loyal and faithful to our living Lord. If we are truly devoted to Christ, we will be devoted to the things of Christ—His interests, principles, and plan. The key is to realize Christ is our Lord—not our own ideas, situations, fears or experiences or what others have to say. We can have the fullness and abundance of life with Christ, to live and perform from what we think and trust.

The key is to keep our minds and hearts in Christ. This attitude is what spurs on our commitment and our service to Him. Without persevering with Christ, we cannot keep trying to persuade others well, or even at all. Our relationship in Christ will reflect His work in us and be the beacon of hope to others. This is how we are to live out our lives and be examples of hope for others to follow. In so doing this helps us to showcase the Kingdom and that stage God's redemptive plan is working in us and can come to them, that: CHRIST is Real. That our personal identification and relationship to our Lord and Savior is authentic and efficient! We need to bow to His Lordship for this to work our betterment and growth (Isa. 7:9; Matt. 28:18; John 5:22; Acts 1:14; 2:42; 6:4; Rom. 12:12; 1 Cor. 11:1; Eph. 6:18; Col. 1:3-12; 3:2)!

Christ is must be set above from all others idea and influences. He is superior and LORD. Jesus Christ has the highest standing as Creator, Sustainer, and Head in the universe and in our daily lives too. He reconciles us, gives us our hope, and is the source of all we are and have; in addition, He is our wisdom, our redemption, our empowerment, and our life. His glory radiates throughout the universe and must also radiate in and through us, both personally and collectively as a Church, all pointing to Him. This refers to Divine Wisdom that can only come from God in heaven; it can’t come from our own being. (Acts 13:33-34; Rom. 1:4; 1 Cor. 15:47; Eph. 1:20-23; Phil. 2:1-11; Col. 1:18; Heb. 1:4-5)!

Questions to ponder

1. What will it take for you to become a growing and mature Christian?

2. How do you know that what you are doing and why you are doing it are what you are supposed to be doing? Is it for Christ or for yourself?

3. Do you know that how we live out our lives is the example of hope for others to follow? What happens when we rather rely on our ideas, situation, fears, experiences or what others have to say?

© 2009, Rev. Richard Krejcir

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2. How do you know that what you are doing and why you are doing it are what you are supposed to be doing? Is it for Christ or for yourself?

The answer or my answer is, "I don't know that what I am doing is what God wants me to do or if I am doing it because I am supposed to be doing it or if it is where Christ wants me or I am doing this for myself.

I ask myself this question often. I struggle with this and it is like a constant torment.

I am so busy at my secular job that I am so tired and burnt out, by the time the weekend comes by I am so worn out. This can't be his plan for my life. I am the only income and appreciate my job. I know I am supposed to seek God's will in all I do.

I continue to seek his will and wait patiently sometimes, other times I cry because I am so tired. I love the Lord, he is my center, but I am so exhausted working in my secular job

I have desired for the past 11 years to spend 10 hours helping other christians, the lost and unsaved, and especially the poor and would love to trade my 10+ hours in this secular job for the switch, but don't know how or

(I am reminded of Jacob fighting with the angel right now and dont' know why-the thought of facing his brother just entered my mind)

Do you think there is a relation to my question or my answer to this question puposed and Jacob's struggle?

I am open for some wisdom,

thanks,
A born again Christian

ps: I feel like I am in a glass bubble with the Lord, his precepts and then, I feel like I am trapped in the world, making a living in a stressed out job and my heart's desire is not being met. Am I selfish or am I afraid to walk out on the ledge and reach for my masters hand?

I wonder if others feel this same way.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Richard said...

This is tough, we all deal with this, certainly I do, even now…

When times are confusing and we can’t see where we are going or where God wants us…Something to consider and pray about is this; God is far more concerned how we are than what we do or where we go.

He wants character and Fruit first and foremost and will use you wherever you are. So perhaps you may want to focus on building faith by spending some more devotional time with Christ, start a few minutes a day and build, pray through the day and monitor how you are to others, attitude and fruit… then the other things will unfold before you when you are ready and in His perfect time… This is what Jacob had to learn, trust in God, patience, which took him 14+ years too…

http://www.intothyword.org/pages.asp?pageid=56867

Hope this helps, be blessed!

Richard
Phil 1:6

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Richard. Your response was both confirmation that I am right where he wants me to be and a blessing.

Confirmation because for the past year or so, at night, every night, I play scriptures and psalms and listen with ear plugs while I go to sleep and awake to his word every morning.

Before I leave for work every morning I include prayers to God, submitting my will in exchange for his and faithfully put on his spiritual armor.

I pray all through out the day, when I come home and share in a weekly bible study with my sisters who live in another state.

I work with Customers and have the blessing of being able to meet them in their homes. Sometimes these meetings result in sharing Christ.

So your advice has confirmed and shown me that my desire to be close to God every spare moment I have is the work of the Holy Spirit building my faith.

You have blessed me because and this is funny. I always warned everyone not to pray for patience and make it a point never to ask for this in my prayers because I am not nor have never been a patient person. Not only this, but God has been teaching me to trust him with everything, every thought, decision and actions.

I can't even say 'hate' anymore without being conscious of the word.

I have been working in this same job for 22 years now. It has been physically and mentally demanding to say the least, but looking back as I have walked with God, I can see he has helped me every step of the way and I can honestly look back at each trial and struggle and what is happening now and although I want things to change, I realize I have been learning faith building habits and becoming a stronger Christian as I continue to dilegently focus on God and his will in my life.

Thank you for helping me to see that I am right where God wants me and when he wants me to move, he will. God Bless you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home