Monday, January 05, 2009

10 RESOLUTIONS FOR 2009

This was sent t us by a supporter, [erhaps you can pray and seek our Lord on these, I know I will…

This coming year, I have decided that with God's help, I shall:
1) Give up complaining . . . focus on gratitude.

2) Give up harsh judgments . . . think kind thoughts.

3) Give up worry . . . trust divine providence.

4) Give up discouragement . . . be full of hope.

5) Give up bitterness . . . turn to forgiveness.

6) Give up hatred . . . return good for evil.

7) Give up anger . . . practice patience.

8) Give up pettiness . . . put on maturity.

9) Give up gloom. . . enjoy the beauty that is around me.

10) Give up gossiping . . . control my tongue.

-- Author Unknown

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the "resolutions" stated by Jonathon Edwards in the late 1700's on the occasion of the New Year. It calls us back to the basics of gracious living and exhibits the values that both the Ten Commandments demands and those taught us in the New Testament.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes they do, here are the

Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards

http://www.intothyword.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=36322&columnid=3801

Be blessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home