Monday, July 07, 2008

What About the Rapture?

Rapture: Friend or Foe?

After a lot of careful, biblical, exegetical digging and research, I found out the scary story. The Rapture had gone from a campy hook used by evangelists to grab people’s attention to the Gospel to it perhaps becoming a threat to the Church. So many false teachers are gaining so much ground on this and inflecting their misguided influence upon average church members as well as prominent ministers of the Word. Too many people are being duped into false Eschatology, while real, biblical Eschatology is ignored. This has resulted in the local church having a skewed mentality, majoring on the minors and ignoring the majors.

I have found that a lot of Bible teachers on this subject have no credibility and/or ignore the very teaching of our Lord! They just quote others as fact and do not do the research or else they make grandiose statements without concern for the integrity of the Word. Many on this subject lift themselves up, saying they have a new teaching, when God’s Word remains the same yesterday, today and tomorrow! By the way; this is how it all started. While we start coming up with new doctrines not found in the Bible, there has come an assault from the academic world. The Bible has been at siege since the 19th century liberal moment, and now the siege is coming from inside the church, from ignoring truth and common sense in reading the text and seeing the clear meaning in its context. We must deal with attacks from the secular world, but I believe we should not have to deal with it from within.

So, let me lay this out for you: all you have to do, if you are honest and you know how to read is to read the Scriptures, pray, and see for yourself:

http://www.intothyword.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=43937&columnid=

If you disagree with me on this subject, we are still friends. I suspect this will be controversial. But as brothers and sisters in Christ, we can agree to disagree on these minors; let’s focus on the majors such as sharing the gospel and building up our faith. By the way, I will not respond to any emails or letters on this; I do not have the time. I have laid out my thoughts, references, and arguments in the best way I can. You can post your thoughts here on my blog, where I will read them. But my answer is this to any replies: Just got to the Word and remember context, context, and context; and it helps to look up words we may not understand.

http://www.intothyword.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=43937&columnid=

be blessed!

4 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger jeffdabbs said...

Amen, Amen, Amen

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaiah CH 49 gives a good description about what is really going to happen.

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen again! The Bible text is so clear on this issue that a simple reading of it should expose any false teaching. I experienced great sadness recently when a prophet of international standing that i know and love personally told my husband and myself that the Lord had told him we were going to be "left behind" so as to evangelize those left.We have noticed since that no one ever thinks to test what he says, like the Bereans would, because he is so revered and they wouldnt want to be seen as rebellious. I encourage everyone to test everything by the word of God or you will be easy fodder for the coming deceptions.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Yadar21 said...

Hi Richard,

Interesting article on the rapture...but please don't keep me in suspense, what is your view of what will actually happen.

An article would be good.

Best regards

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home